The Choir was Founded originally in 1890, disbanded in 1949, the Choir was re-formed in Dec 1971.
Choral singing in Kenfig Hill can be traced back as far as 1890 when the Kenfig Hill Male Voice Party won competitions from as far as the lovely Vale of Glamorgan to the distant coastal town of Swansea. Since those days, many choirs under the Kenfig Hill banner have come and gone. The predecessor to the present choir was forced to disband through lack of public support in 1949.
For more than 20 years the male choral vacuum remained unfilled, until in December 1971 a small band of hopefuls from the village met at the local rugby club and formed the present choir. It started life with just 18 members and has since grown to over 70.
Internationally renowned, this premier Welsh Choir has performed in many European countries including Norway, Germany, France, Poland and Estonia, Italy ; and has twice toured Canada.
In the UK the Choir has appeared in such prestigious concert venues as; The Royal Albert Hall, Birmingham Symphony Hall, De Monfort Hall Leicester and The Millennium Centre and St David’s Hall both in Cardiff.
The Choir has also performed in some notable religious venues including; York Minster, Bradford Cathedral, Selby Abbey, Doncaster Minster and St Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin. The Choir is also proud to have sung in its three seats of political power; the European Parliament in Strasbourg, the Palace of Westminster in London and the home of the Welsh Government the Senedd in Cardiff. Making its first visit to Jersey in 2013 the Choir gave a Grand Charity Gala Evening in the island’s magnificent Opera House.